Start with these questions that will lead you on the path to discovering the right plan for your home.
1. How long do you plan on staying in your home? (This will help determine how much time and money you really want to spend.)
2. Who lives in your home and what are their ages? (Maybe you have children that will be off to school soon or an elderly parent living with you that has a need for grab bars?)
3. Do you have pets? (This really makes you think about the types of finishes you want to install in your home and whether they are adequate for those furry friends in your life)
4. Do you entertain quite a bit? (Do you currently have room for this, or do you need to reallocate space for this purpose?)
5. Write a list of your family’s regular activities. (Does Joey like to do puzzles in the living room, or does Suzy like to paint in the kitchen? Finding out if you need to make rooms dual purpose or where to relocate these activities locations help you see how you want to use your space.)
6. Is there enough storage space in your home? (If not, figure out where you can utilize space to function as storage.)
7. What are your favorite colors? What colors do you just hate? What colors do your family member love and hate?
8. Does everyone in the house have the same design taste? If not, are the tastes similar or polar opposites? If they are different, have you figured out how you are going to reconcile the differences?
9. What style do you want the furniture and accessories to be in? Modern, traditional, formal, casual... the list goes on.
10. What is the style of your current home? (Is your house Modern, then perhaps Country would look silly as a design style to choose)
11. Do you have a favorite piece of furniture or artwork you absolutely love? (Maybe you can use this as the starting point for your design)
12. How much are you going to invest in this project?(At an extra 20% to that figure to cover the incidentals that always pop up)
13. Is this based on real prices or total guesswork? (If you haven’t done the leg work to see what items really cost, you may be unable to complete this project once you start or you may have to downgrade your selections.)
14. Is anyone in your home a handy person? (If so, you may be able to save yourself quite a bit of money if you can do things like painting yourself.)
I’ve got an invitation for you. I have just 2 spots open this month for my VIP design service. If you’re exhausted trying to do this all on your own, I’d love to be able to help you. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today!